Sunday, April 3, 2011

"The West is the Best" - Jim Morrison

Mar 9, 2008
"The west is the best" - Jim Morrison
Current mood:relaxed

So I took my pup for a walk. I figured, "It's sunny - I don't need a coat". So I put on a T shirt and a sweatshirt. First I walked South, and after about 3 blocks I realized how cold I was getting. So then I turned East and my face and neck were cold. So then I turned North which was a little upsetting as I realized I didn't want my walk to be over but it was apparrent that I was about to make a square. So I walked up the hill a bit realizing that now my face, neck, AND ears were cold...and I was walking uphill which is another complaint entirely of its own. So then I decided of course...to turn left...to the West. Sun was on my face, wind was at my back, it was freaking awesome. So then....I got to my house....but I was so warm and content, that I had to keep going. Until....I ran out of road. Yep, there it was....a big ass snowbank blocking me from going any further on my westward way. The whole time I was walking west...I thought "eventually I'm going to have to turn back and face the cold", but I was happy with the direction I had chosen and wasn't ready to go back yet. Whoa - that's symbolic! So I stood there at the snowbank for a bit, and finally turned around....and froze all the way home. "Cause there's a chill wind blowin' in my soul and I think I'm growin' old" - Pink Floyd The End

No comments:

Post a Comment