Sunday, April 3, 2011

Nighttime Reflection

Nov 12, 2006
Nighttime Reflection
Current mood:contemplative

Does anyone else out there have a mind that spins out of control the moment your head collides with your pillow? Why is this? We have all day to have an alert mind, and the moment we want to wind down....we can't stop thinking. At least I am this way. Lately I have been having "motivational" thoughts right before I fall asleep. I think to myself..."this is going to be a good week....starting tomorrow I am going to only eat vegetables all week....I'm going to go to the gym every day this week...I am going to get ahead of myself in all of my subjects...I am going to go to work an hour early...I am going to track every dime I have spent, and then make cutbacks...starting tomorrow I am going to make more time for myself"...the list goes on. And it's not always so much that I am procrastinating...I really do go to the gym almost every day, and I really do track my spending....and so forth. I just don't know what it is about the night that makes me...need to do this. I am perfectly happy with my life, even though there are some areas that need "tending to" - why is it that when I try to relax, I seem to be - almost beating myself up? Or is it not even that, but the fact that - maybe I don't have the time throughout the day to inspire myself to make changes, so I think about it at night....when it's impossible to accomplish? Hmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment