Sunday, April 3, 2011

Bug Bites and Blogs

Jul 1, 2008
Bug Bites and Blogs.
Current mood:distractable

Waaaaa!!!!! I have bug bites....on my feet!!!! And I truly feel like it's making me go insane. I keep scratching and walking and trying to distract myself.....but really....I think I really know what it feels like to lose your mind. It's been a while since I've blogged. I have to get a funny quote blog in here, but I think that will probably wait until a little later...we'll see. I do have a couple things to write about though.

A couple weeks ago, my roommate and I went to the Sunshine Cafe for breakfast. I really like this place. The food is not very good (not bad either), the diet coke tastes like syrup, the booths don't match anything including the tables, and the service is like family - not sugary sweet, just there to hand you your stuff. But it's wholesome. The menus are absolutely adorable. They are all created by children, so each one is a pleasure to look at.

So....there we were. Tom was having some swedish pancakes and I was having an english muffin and a terrible diet coke. I saw the waitress (who I'm about 95% sure is the owner) shootin' the breeze with this one customer and they were looking through photo albums. This customer seemed to be "lower class" if you will, with faded shorts, and a faded tank top, messy hair, and a lot of silver teeth. She was sitting 2 booths away, and I looked over the "middle man" and saw that in these photo albums she had tons of beautiful 8x10 photos. The waitress caught my eye and came over with one of the albums, and asked the customer if it was okay that we looked. (I think I even have a bug bite on my face!!!! I'm so itchy!!!!!!!)

So we looked through this photos (all 4 albums) and they were genious! She had beautiful hummingbird photos, pictures of melting ice that looked like a wizard, gorgeous cloud pictures, dragonfly pictures, pictures of the freak fog the day that terrible accident happened on the Bong a few years ago, her pictures were just breathtaking.

She sat down with us and talked to us about her hobby and her favorite pictures. I asked her if she had a website and she said no. I asked her if she sold her pictures and she said "No, I just do this for fun".

I felt like....I had forgot what that was like. I couldn't fathom not making money off of that. She was brilliant. And it looked to me like maybe the money wouldn't hurt, you know? But here she was - just happy to be snapping photos for her own pleasure. It was heartwarming to know that there are still people out there who do things like this for themselves. I feel badly, because if that were me...I'd be working it for a profit. And I hold a very strong respect for her. Like Tous said, that's the way to keep loving what you do. Sometimes if you make work out of what you love...the passion for it goes away. That woman has been stuck in my head for 2 weeks. Good for her.

Okay what else...in a nutshell....having a hell of a time finding a roommate, held a 9 foot snake on Friday, awesome little niece turned 2 and says armadeedo instead of armadillo, Budha likes to dig in the beach sand, and I saw Jon's memorial bench in Leif Erikson Park last night. It's in the perfect spot. It actually kind of snuck up on me...and on the heartstrings. It's been a year and a half....and still sometimes things come up that provides more "proof". I was happy to see the bench in place, just emotional. Damn - I'm itchy everywhere!!!! What if I have some itching disease!?!?!? I've never gotten poison ivy so that must not be it. I was blogging to try and foget about the itching....but I'm still in hell! Itchy Scratchy Hell!

No comments:

Post a Comment