Sunday, April 3, 2011

Handwriting...a thing of the past?

May 24, 2006
Handwriting...a thing of the past
Current mood:weird

One day I said to a friend of mine, "The art of writing with pen and paper is being lost". It truly is. I spend anywhere from 10-17 hours a day on the computer depending on work/school/play. On my lunch breaks last semester I would sit in our break room and try to take notes by hand and could barely read my writing and would whine of wrist cramps after about 1/2 paragraph. I used to have great handwriting. I also love keeping a journal, but I haven't written in it in very close to a year. Partly because I'm not always sure what I want to write these days, but partly because I hate the act of writing now! I really liked the last blog I posted and wanted to put it in my journal, but wasn't even about to write it all out, and wasn't even going to be as pathetic as to print it out and stick it in my book. That's just silly. The other day at work I had to leave a note (about a paragraph) for a co-worker who for whatever reason doesn't have email. Yep, I actually typed it out and printed it. Isn't it terrible that typing seems so natural, when we learned to write in kindergarten?

1 comment:

  1. Handwriting is an art form, I too love to write, but as I get older, it seems to get more difficult.
    My writing is a combination of edwardian script and otterscript:) I will send you a letter and you can see what I mean:)
    Jo Anne

    ReplyDelete