Sunday, April 3, 2011

Crabby Old Maid

May 2, 2007
Crabby Old Maid

I feel like an old woman...sort of. Things that maybe never would have phased me at one time are really trying my patience. I just said "trying my patience". When did I wake up and become 30 years older? Today I had a contractor come out to give me an estimate on my windows for one of the bedrooms. I left work early for this. I got to my house and there he was...outside...smoking a cigarette...and drinking a beer!!!! I must have had the most blank look on my face. And it obviously wasn't his first beer. After about a 20 minute battle or what he was there to look at and THAT WAS IT, still couldn't come to an agreement about what I (ME) wanted, not what he was willing to "make a deal for" I finally sent him on his way. A few years ago...would I even have noticed if he had a beer in his hand? I love beer. Huge fan of it...but come on! THEN - about 20 minutes ago the damn neighbor kids were outside, just behind my living room where I was working quietly and Budha was sleeping next to me. Then they did somthing, like pounded on the wall or something and took off running - only to send Budha AND Molly (my roommate's dog) into a barking frenzy. Budha is trying to relax now but here ears are still way up there. So I sat here for a while thinking "those kids do that one more time, and I'll be outside waiting - there's no reason for that". Then all of a sudden I thought "who the hell am I?" When did I become an adult? I don't know how I feel about this.

No comments:

Post a Comment