Sunday, April 3, 2011

Tools....and Jim Morrison

Mar 2, 2008
Tools...and Jim Morrison
Current mood:indescribable

Today I was saving pictures and I titled one of Julia and myself "Tools", when I went to save it, the message popped up "The file name F:..Tools already exists. Would you like to replace it?" I laughed for a very long time. Apparantly I have labeled us "Tools".

Now speaking of these "Tools" - I have a story to share. And no one can appreciate this story as much as the two who were there...but just get on board. So there we were, Julia and I at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland, OH - 2002. Now first let me just say that I LOVE Jim Morrison. So Julia and I were looking at 2 different exhibits, and I happen to looking at a Jim Morrison display. Now....there was rail in front of it that had 3 or 4 round metal bars very close to each other (with just enough room for fingers between). So of course I'm running my hand across this rail....and I got my ring somehow wedged between these bars. I struggled for a minute or so thinking it wasn't a big deal and just a minor awkward moment. No....then I had to call Julia over and tell her I was stuck to the Jim Morrison display (which still rocked my world), and I don't think it took long - maybe a couple of minutes but long enough where a goofy panic (uhh....paranoia?) started to set in. You know - people say - "why didn't you just take the ring off?" It didn't work that way....the way my hand was wedged in there...there was no grabbing the ring to get the hand free. Who knows, Julia, maybe if we were to go back in time....we'd find a better way....but from what I remember...it was traumatizing....hahaha. But like you said...who better to be stuck with than Mr. Mojo Risin.

No comments:

Post a Comment