Sunday, April 3, 2011

Baby Girl

Jan 21, 2009
Baby Girl
Current mood:restless

Well....everyone knows how important my Budha Bear is to me...for 1,000 reasons. I've been trying to keep myself in check and reiterate the fact that....she IS getting older. She's 11. SOMEDAY I am going to have to deal with a loss, and it won't be pretty.

I've loved this dog since I first laid eyes on her in 2002. I loved how Jon would let me come over and get her whenever I wanted. I loved how she knew the sound of my car from his upstairs living room window. I loved how she jumped up in his lap and was upset when I moved out. I love that his family knew that I should have her when he passed. I love the fact that she and I got each other through it. We did. And it may sound unhealthy - but - she is also the last tie I have....to that time of my life. To Jon.

Now don't get all worried, everyone - Budha is fine. But I've just been watching her lately. A couple days ago when I was home sick, Tom and Eric took her with snowshoeing (that doesn't look like it's spelled right). They said she ran and ran and ran and ran and had a great time. I don't doubt it at all - I've been kind of down for the count lately and haven't gotten her out much.

But she's been sleeping so much more than she ever used to. Last night she fell down in the kitchen. Her one leg just....gave out. She got right back up and I reached down to kind of stretch out her leg, and she yelped at me. She's getting older. Her hips are 77.

I'm just NOW in this minute realizing I have no idea what my point in this blog is. It was just on my mind I guess. I guess I'm just making it known (maybe just to myself) that I'm not living in a state of oblivion. I'm not going to deny that my "puppy" is getting older. I will accept it, and cherish her always. She'll be here a long time yet; I know this. And since there is no fountain of youth....we will just get older together. Just more time for snugglin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment