Sunday, April 3, 2011

Making Someone Smile

ul 13, 2007
Making someone smile
Current mood:pleased

We all can make a friend smile, but sometimes it's nice when you make someone smile who really is deserving of it. This is not to say that your friends aren't, but there are people sometimes who don't expect compliments. One of my coworkers recently took a supervising position. He's been learning a lot. Today I had my review with him and with the IT Manager. The reason it was with thme both is because it was the supervisors first review also, so the manager was there for feedback and guidelines basically. Let me say that this supervisor and I are friends, and we hang out every now and then and we rip on each other like crazy. That's the kind of relationship we have - either work - or ripping on each other. So here we were in the review and I could tell he was nervous, and I don't think he was nervous because it was me, but because OUR boss was there, and it was just the first one of many he'll have to do. After about an hour and a half walked out and said "you did a good job" - and his face just beamed. He's like me. He's very hard on himself especially when it comes to explaining and speaking. And I think it just made him feel good that - well - the person being reviewed gave him a compliment...without insults (I gave him all those DURING the review hahahaha). My point is, that it always feels good to hear a compliment - but maybe the nicest ones are from whom you don't expect.

No comments:

Post a Comment