Sunday, April 3, 2011

"Just like riding a bike" my ass!

Aug 6, 2008
"Just like riding a bike" my ass!
Current mood:focused

"In my younger days" I rode my bike all the freaking time. Jen and Kathryn, this blog's for you! We'd bike EVERYWHERE!!!! Jen, how many freaking miles did we put on every day. Shit, each other's houses back and forth, Deanna's, Kevins, town. Renee I used to bike to your house and that was quite a freaking haul!!!!! Kathryn, we used to bike to Dorset and get ice cream!! I used to bike all the time, and could go through ditches, stand up no hands, jump off - all that shit! So today my friends, was the first time in AT LEAST 9 years that I have ridden a bike. SHUT UP JULIA!

I packed up my bike in the trunk, and drove down the the Munger (which isn't even far but come on....it's been a long time since I've been on a bike and I didn't want to look foolish on the street. ) So I get there. I park. Take my bike out of the trunk. Stare at it. Go to get on, not enough umph. Try again, same thing. So third time I'm able to get on but I looked like Phoebe in that Friends episode when she learns how to ride a bike - I jerked left, then right, then left in a circle till I almost ran into a parked car!!!!

Then I stopped, got off - looked around to see if anyone saw . Got back on my bike (5th time's a charm) and off I went. After a little while it started to feel normal again, but no standing up, no hands off, no jumping off my bike...maybe in time....I feel so old!! And I was EXHAUSTED after only like 2.5 miles probably!!!!!

But if I do it 3 or 4 times a week - I'll be back to good in no time. Wish I would have gotten my bike here a lot sooner but...whaddya gonna' do?

Enjoy the evening my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment