Sunday, April 3, 2011

A Changed Mind Always Equals a New Beginning

Sep 2, 2006
A changed mind always equals a new beginning
Current mood:thankful

This may be a short blog cause I'm getting pretty sleepy on this Saturday night. Recap on the week. Big event...Jon and I are not going to purchase a house together. On Sunday we saw the house that we fell in love with pretty much. Needed a little TLC in the upstairs unit but other than that...was exactly what we were looking for...and with a gorgeous view of the lake. We decided before calling for an inspector to sleep on it a bit. Neither of us slept...at all. We looked like death the next day. But it wasn't excitement keeping us up. It was doubt. No matter what - there is going to be some doubt in mind when making a big decision like this. And you know, neither of us ever doubted (and still don't) the idea of us living together....it was more the duplex side of it. We figured we'd most likely rent to people we know....but not the ones who may (without even meaning to) take advantage of us. Well...then we realized that all of our really good choices, really don't have anything (furniture/appliances...) so why would they leave their current situations where they have all that. Originally we had thought - if we don't get people we know, we'll post at the colleges. Well by the time we would have reached closing...it would have been AT LEAST Oct....by then school has started. Then we got thinking about all of the horrible tennants and damage we had seen looking through about 50 different duplexes and...that was the biggest stress. Jon felt the same. After we made the decision to not do this, our realtor called us with improvements the seller was willing to do for us (including a brand new furnace!). Then Jon started to feel better about the purchase, but I mentioned that we were having extreme high and low feelings on this (rather than a steady mix), it's probably best to not do this and he agreed. SO...ideally I always wanted my "own" home anyway - just thought the extra income of a duplex would be a nice way to start. But for now, Jon and I are going to attend the first time homebuyers classes and I hope to be in my first home by May (or somewhere around there). Jon will be looking for a place of his own as well.

Let me say I absolutely hate the song "Let's Get Retarded" (it started) - I HATE IT! It's on right now and I'm being too lazy to get up and change it so here I sit...suffering....now if Gnarlz Barkley comes on next I might fall into a fullout Bad Music Seizure.

More news: Back in school. Again. One week down - 2 classes going awesome and I haven't quite figured out the 3rd one. I know it's not a difficult...I just can't figure out what he wants us to do for the assignments. Luckily one of my softball buddies is in the class so I may just have to call her up if I can't figure it out in the next couple days. Show her how dumb I am.

Watched the movie "Grandma's Boy" last night over at a friend's house. Never even heard of it - but it was very funny. "I can hear my hair growing".

Yeah the horrible song is over!

Well I'm all out of things to say so...good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment